Select your location

Current location: CU Scarborough

No Detriment & Fee Refund Letter Circulated For Students To Sign

Students can sign the letter should they wish to support it

No ratings yet. Log in to rate.

The letter has reached a large number of signatures and I have therefore decided to close it so Union Affairs Committee can explore next steps. An update will be provided next week on what action has been decided by the committee. I thank everyone for their support.

Both Coventry and Campus Executive Committees have voted in favour of circulating an open letter for students to sign requesting the university to clearly state its no detriment policy, consider blanket extensions and provide students with partial refunds on their tuition fees.

The letter below states CUSU's new position and gives students the chance to sign in support of the open letter at the very bottom if they agree with the suggested action. Anyone who chooses to sign will remain anonymous when the letter is submitted to the university and this information will be held by CUSU so we can effectively track the number of students who support the letter.

"We write this open letter on behalf of the thousands of students who are all our members across CU Group urging the University to take effective and immediate action to support students and recognise the different experience they have received over the academic year. Students have raised through various channels including An Audience with and the Rep System their dissatisfaction with the University’s response to the pandemic and their failure to compensate students who have been negatively impacted due to COVID-19.

It is, therefore, our responsibility to speak on behalf of our students for which a lack of access to face to face teaching, facilities such as labs and transition to online learning has resulted in students receiving a quality of education which is not commensurate to what they paid for.

Therefore, we call on the University to introduce and clearly communicate the policies and tangible actions taken to reduce the effects of the pandemic on students’ academic studies.

Concerning undergraduate and postgraduate taught students, we ask for:

1. The University to clearly state its no detriment policy and explain how this will benefit students, especially for those students where the course hasn’t run previously
  2. Clarity on grading for students, including a calculator or spreadsheet.
  3. Students who wish to request two-week extensions to any assessments citing Covid-19 will be automatically granted without any evidence.
  4. Students who wish to defer time-constrained assessments citing Covid-19 will automatically be granted a deferral without any evidence.
  5. A clear, visual break down of how students’ tuition fees are spent, asking the University to show percentages of where tuition fees are allocated across the University including staff, buildings, software etc.
  6. The University to consider partial refunds in tuition fees where funds are allocated that students haven’t directly benefitted.

Concerning self-funded postgraduate research students, we ask for:

1. The University to consider a partial refund of fees on a case by case basis whereby postgraduate researchers are individually assessed to ascertain the effect the pandemic has had on their ability to do research.

CUSU feels it should continue to support the University to lobby the government to request financial support to refund students partially. However, this should not stand in the way of the University offering students tuition fee refunds in the interim.

It is requested where possible that the University implements the above considerations with immediate effect. For those which cannot be implemented immediately, we ask that an emergency meeting is called to discuss those points with student officers of CUSU."

If you would like to support this letter you can sign by clicking here. You must sign in to your university Office365 account to be able to sign the letter.

Sign your Support

Comments

Wilson Nwadie
12:53pm on 29 Mar 21 In Support of this.
Kelechi Uche-Ukah
2:42pm on 7 Mar 21 I agree to this. We paid for physical Lectures however we have been doing online classes all through the period. It will be unfair not to refund the students.
Gaurav Verma Verma
9:03pm on 4 Mar 21 Coventry's faculty is undoubtedly amazing and has done the best with what they have. However, 10 thousand pounds a year approximately for a Microsoft Teams license, with many of our courses requiring equipment and real-world interaction, which is missing. On top of this, the employment options are a few and voluntary in nature. The University emergency fund has many eligibility conditions and the majority of students do not meet those conditions. Therefore, in the student's interest, they should give partial refunds as we are the face of the Coventry University.
Oisesonaga Ojesebholo Ojesebholo
6:12am on 4 Mar 21 Supported
Yuqing Zhang
7:17pm on 3 Mar 21 Supported
La-Chaunte Smith
5:21pm on 3 Mar 21 I agree 100%
Qiong Wu
1:13pm on 3 Mar 21 I really support it, especially for the overseas study student!
Aidi Wang
8:29pm on 2 Mar 21 Research LABS and manual classrooms are out of use, and the current situation is only half of the original course.
Jingzhi Dong
10:45am on 1 Mar 21 I fully support it, especially for the overseas study student!
Siran Gu
10:15am on 1 Mar 21 Fully Support
Yuqi Chen
5:20am on 1 Mar 21 I am fully in support.
Syed Sabil Ahmed Eleyaskhany
3:31am on 1 Mar 21 I support this letter.
Joe Ouko Ouko
12:34am on 1 Mar 21 I fully support.
Laith Luai Majdi Alkayyali
7:23pm on 28 Feb 21 As an International student who pays a high tuition & fees, I support this statement along with the listed demands. The quality of education has worsened, therefore it is natural to demand a partial refund along with the listed demands, in response to the lower quality of education and university experience. Additionally, I would like to request that the University should continue its efforts to pressure private landlords and other accommodations into allowing students with an option to cancel their tenancy contract and return home. My kindest regards to the CUSU team.
Xiaojun Li
1:58pm on 28 Feb 21 I highly support this. I am an international student, I know that when we pay the tuition fees oversea, It might take 5-10 days. So I ask for the tuitions fee payment confirmation in early January so that I won't be late for lessons. But they sent me the payment confirmation email after the new semester open. And when I ask whether they can open my account and teams. (they blocked my account) They just said 'no', they need to wait for the fee get into the account. Finally, I wait for 6 weeks to attend the lesson. I didn't listen to the lesson but I still need to pay the same amount of money. when my mum paid the fee and got the bill, I was sent to them on the same day.
Jingyan Xiong
1:51pm on 28 Feb 21 I support return part of our tuition fees. In pandemic period my family encounter huge economic crisis,the huge tuition fee is pressure for my parents.
Kai Manchester
1:49pm on 28 Feb 21 Absolutely support this, well done for putting this together, not heard of any other Uni even considering this. Fantastic news will really help us to leave with less debt after qualifying. I support this 100%, signed the support thing to so amazing. Good work everyone :)
Jialin Li
10:41am on 28 Feb 21 I support
Jialin Li
10:41am on 28 Feb 21 I support
Lenin Rodrigues
11:01pm on 27 Feb 21 I support this letter, I also hope they take an action on this ASAP and all the students benefit from this.
Stanley Chibuzor Maduekeh
9:28pm on 27 Feb 21 I support.
Yunchen Zhu
2:56pm on 27 Feb 21 100% support the letter. I fully agree with the statements made in the letter.
Xinwei Luo
2:41pm on 27 Feb 21 motion strongly supported!! 100%
Favour Chinazaekpere Onuoha
1:24pm on 27 Feb 21 motion strongly supported!! 100%
Sapna Devit
10:47am on 27 Feb 21 I fully agree and stand with the statements, within the letter.
Sapna Devit
Sapna Devit
Sapna Devit
Sapna Devit
Sapna Devit
10:46am on 27 Feb 21 I fully agree and stand with the letter.
Daniela Sofia Teixeira Marques De Oliveira
1:09am on 27 Feb 21 I support this! Thank you all for your hard work CUSU.
Reema Sahota
1:02am on 27 Feb 21 I support this!
Nathan Hayles
10:12pm on 26 Feb 21 I 100% agree with this. My course which is an accelerated course has increased their fees by nearly 2k and has asked me to pay the difference. How do they expect me to pay during these times? They have literally added more stress to my life. I hope the university act on this and respond appropriately
Salman Khan
10:08pm on 26 Feb 21 Fully support this.
Salman Khan
10:04pm on 26 Feb 21 Fully support this.
Cynthia Isoken Idehen
9:07pm on 26 Feb 21 I am fully in support.
Cynthia Isoken Idehen
9:06pm on 26 Feb 21 I am fully in support.
Cynthia Isoken Idehen
9:05pm on 26 Feb 21 I am fully in support.
Abdulrahman Ali
6:41pm on 26 Feb 21 What about resits for a module I got 42 in. When every other grade is 65-70+.. i don't care about what to come, now my final year is nearly over! Damage was already done!!!
Ayodeji Arapaja
6:04pm on 26 Feb 21 I am in full support!
Caleb Chukwunonso Anaka
4:35pm on 26 Feb 21 I am in full support please.
Yueyun Wu
4:05pm on 26 Feb 21 I fully support this!!
Hanze Lyu
4pm on 26 Feb 21 totally agree
Jesse Osei
3:27pm on 26 Feb 21 I 100% agree with this letter. Since March 2020 students have arguably been the most affected by the precautions set in place around the globe and the most neglected.
Denys Khomenko
3:17pm on 26 Feb 21 I fully support this!!
Rupali Alias Deepa Nagpal Makhija
3:04pm on 26 Feb 21 It's a good initiative to help all the students and I support this good cause.
Rupali Alias Deepa Nagpal Makhija
Rupali Alias Deepa Nagpal Makhija
Rupali Alias Deepa Nagpal Makhija
Rupali Alias Deepa Nagpal Makhija
3:03pm on 26 Feb 21 It's a good initiative to help all the students and I support this good cause.
Rupali Alias Deepa Nagpal Makhija
Rupali Alias Deepa Nagpal Makhija
Megha Tyagi
2:51pm on 26 Feb 21 It's a government funded university which makes it further possible to refund the tuition fee.
Sophie Clark
2:43pm on 26 Feb 21 Fully support this!!
Yetunde Sarah Ajayi
2:40pm on 26 Feb 21 I fully support this!!
Yetunde Sarah Ajayi
2:40pm on 26 Feb 21 I fully support!
Lijuan Yang
2:29pm on 26 Feb 21 I strongly support this letter.
Fenghua Wu
2:10pm on 26 Feb 21 Fully support!
Hammad Zahid Jeewani
2:09pm on 26 Feb 21 i fully support this already im pending with some fees so please if this will work this would help me alot
Hammad Zahid Jeewani
Hammad Zahid Jeewani
Hammad Zahid Jeewani
Hammad Zahid Jeewani
Hammad Zahid Jeewani
Hammad Zahid Jeewani
2:08pm on 26 Feb 21 i supported
Cameron Michael Gildea
1:52pm on 26 Feb 21 I am in full support of this.
Davina Potter
1:46pm on 26 Feb 21 I agree with the statement. The open university fees are 3K and they have decades of experience under their belts whereas the unis now teaching online are requesting 9K despite having little to none experience with it. I also don't think I have an adequate amount of uni hours to equate to 9k. In general, it is nowhere near the same experience I would have had if it was all face to face therefore why should I be paying the same price for a completely different experience that isn't to the same standard.
Vanessa Alexandra Silva Moreira
1:22pm on 26 Feb 21 Totally agree! We paying the same price for something that we not using/enjoying at all!
Sayel Miah
1:21pm on 26 Feb 21 yes i strongly support
Ieuan Roberts
1:15pm on 26 Feb 21 Fully support this. At the start I could pass the steps being taken to ensure that the uni experience was kept at a somewhat reliable standard both for new and existing students, but its been over a year now and not much if at anything has changed. Coursework that is designed for in-person teaching and production are still happening virtually, making work that already was hard to produce even harder due to the sheer lack of understanding from a student's perspective that the uni seems to now stand by. Why should myself and others be paying several thousand pounds for a sub-par experience when simply coming out and saying that the situation was harder to handle than expected, giving us a reasonable amount of time to adjust and then moving forwards would have been the best move to make? Uni is, by all means a premium experience. If I wanted to give money away like I am with these past two years I'd give it to charity rather than something that's feeling more and more like daylight robbery.
Yulian Xue
1:05pm on 26 Feb 21 I supported this letter. As a self-sponsored student.
Dominic Ugochicherem Josiah
1:03pm on 26 Feb 21 I wholeheartedly agree with this statement. The level of teaching has been no where close to the amount paid in tuition fees. The university should do whats right and reimburse the students a large bulk of it. Easiest decision I've had to make since my University tenure.
Ayomide Adesanwo
12:58pm on 26 Feb 21 I totally support! The school hasn’t been of help in anyway at all. Imagine paying your tuition fee months before you’re supposed to, just so you can receive your CAS as early as possible to meet up with your course start date, but then the school had to change your course to something else entirely, for some reasons I don’t understand. But you still agree to go with it cause you’re so eager to start something and get going with life. And then you arrive just to find out you have to stay in your little box room all day trying to understand what you’re being taught. Trust me it hasn’t been easy at all! It’s so depressing. Please do something!
Abdelhameed M W A A Abdelbaky
12:55pm on 26 Feb 21 I fully support this letter and all of its content. It's about time the university took concrete steps to compensate students financially. The quality of education provided this year is in no way worth the exuberant price paid for it. I appreciate the university effort to try and adapt to the situation, but university education is not just about educational material being provided to students, because there are already many online portals that offer such services with much higher quality and much lower fees. The financial constraints on the university are also understandable, but students shouldn't be the party that's expected to prop the university financially if they aren't receiving the expected educational experience. This should be the role of the government, not the students who are the weakest financial link, but the easiest to mount pressure on.
Vadivel Vasanthan
12:49pm on 26 Feb 21 I fully support the letter above
Tugba Bülbül
12:41pm on 26 Feb 21 I fully support this motion!
Anne Nyambura Wandu
12:29pm on 26 Feb 21 Fully Supporting!
Sangtae Lee
12:17pm on 26 Feb 21 Supported!
Adeyinka Rafiat Blaize
12:07pm on 26 Feb 21 I support !
Ernestas Ivanovas
6:48pm on 25 Feb 21 I support this. My student account got blocked 3+ weeks ago by a mistake, it says I have not paid for the course though I DID! I tried contacting Finance Team (had absolutely no reply from them) and later on everyone who could potentially help in this situation, even the head of school is aware of the situation. Still absolutely NOTHING has been done to fix the problem and I am still enjoying the message that my account is BLOCKED and I can not use some of the features/services.
Tafadzwa Olivia Primrose Mutemanga
2:39pm on 25 Feb 21 The university has not made enough effort to address the needs of students in lockdown. The general assumption by lecturers is that students do not like coming to the building thus having online seminars is better.
Ahmed Al Kobir
1:02pm on 25 Feb 21 I support this.
Ahmed Al Kobir
1:02pm on 25 Feb 21 I support this.
Ahmed Al Kobir
1:02pm on 25 Feb 21 I support this.
Ahmed Al Kobir
1:01pm on 25 Feb 21 I support this statement. Everything is in online, so online and offline studies are not same, I am suffering badly.
Simarjeet Kaur
11:50am on 24 Feb 21 I fully support this!
Luke Charles
10:54am on 24 Feb 21 I support this statement
Kieran Essex
8:56am on 24 Feb 21 I agree with this refunds should be on a course by course basis based on the teaching received and facilities not used.
Arooj Latif
11:25pm on 23 Feb 21 I support and completely agree with this
Arooj Latif
11:25pm on 23 Feb 21 I support and completely agree with this
Arooj Latif
11:25pm on 23 Feb 21 I support and completely agree with this
Sri Harsha Chappidi
9:38pm on 23 Feb 21 I totally agree ,As an interational student i came to uk with lots of expectations but still it remains unclear what i ve gained after spending huge sums of money ?? for tution fees excluding for CAS and other expenditure. Honestly speaking I couldn’t gain anything with this blended learning..and i find myself struggling a lot to cope with this situation and literally worried about my future as i am clueless whats next and for what i ve paid 14000pounds for?????
André Emiliano
4:56pm on 23 Feb 21 I fully support it, meaning equally for international students as well!
Sarmad Abbas
3:17pm on 23 Feb 21 I fully support and agree! It is extremely difficult to concentrate on online classes and lectures. Things are all messed up
Sarmad Abbas
3:16pm on 23 Feb 21 I fully support and agree! It is extremely difficult to concentrate on online classes and lectures!
Sarmad Abbas
3:15pm on 23 Feb 21 I fully support and agree! It is extremely difficult to concentrate on online classes and lectures!
Sarmad Abbas
3:12pm on 23 Feb 21 I fully support!
Temitope Martins Ogunbiyi
2:24pm on 23 Feb 21 i support
Temitope Martins Ogunbiyi
2:24pm on 23 Feb 21 I SUPPORT
Temitope Martins Ogunbiyi
2:24pm on 23 Feb 21 I SUPPORT
Temitope Martins Ogunbiyi
2:23pm on 23 Feb 21 i support
Niamh Stephenson
1:50pm on 23 Feb 21 Supported
Yiran Tang
10:35am on 23 Feb 21 I support
Ekaete Elizabeth Nkanga
9:12am on 23 Feb 21 I concur,as a law student sitting at home and figuring this all out is very difficult.A partial refund would be great
Wuraola Olasumbo Ladepo
1:44am on 23 Feb 21 I support this! I paid tuition for on-site study but all of my classes have been online.
Nnadozie Michael Akarekwe
1:04am on 23 Feb 21 I support this initiative because of the untold hardships I have passed through in my health and career .My CAS letter was delayed for too long for no justifiable reasons after paying the a full tuition of 11,500 pounds.Imagine as a May 2020 enrollment PG student I got here January this year,jst few months to the end of the course.Quite unfortunate for me to say the less.
Ifunanya Agatha Ekunie
11:33pm on 22 Feb 21 I totally agree, I should get a refund of my money, studying online have been so difficult for me and this has affected my grades badly.
Xiaoyu Wei
11:11pm on 22 Feb 21 Supported!
Muaj Mustafa Amin
11:06pm on 22 Feb 21 I support 100%
Cheuk Yin Lie
11:03pm on 22 Feb 21 I support strongly on tuition fee refund.
Cheuk Yin Lie
11:03pm on 22 Feb 21 I support strongly on tuition fee refund.
Cheuk Yin Lie
11:02pm on 22 Feb 21 Even being able to claim back a small fraction of the tuition fee would be amazing.
Michal Plizga
9:47pm on 22 Feb 21 we want the tuition fees reduction
Michal Plizga
9:47pm on 22 Feb 21 we want the tuition fees reduction
Michal Plizga
9:46pm on 22 Feb 21 we want the tuition fees reduction
Michal Plizga
9:45pm on 22 Feb 21 I highly support this!
Aiseosa Stephanie Enobakhare
9:45pm on 22 Feb 21 I am in total support of this. It has been a real struggle
Barnabas Adino Ligawa
9:26pm on 22 Feb 21 Indeed I support
Barnabas Adino Ligawa
9:26pm on 22 Feb 21 Indeed I support
Barnabas Adino Ligawa
9:26pm on 22 Feb 21 Indeed I support
Barnabas Adino Ligawa
9:26pm on 22 Feb 21 I support truly
Aaliyah Medora Boreland
9:25pm on 22 Feb 21 I support!
Muhammad Khurram Sabir Okashi
9:21pm on 22 Feb 21 I also agree with this . Because lectures and seminars online papers difficult to concentrate. And lack of understanding.
Esther Adugyamfi
9:19pm on 22 Feb 21 I agree !
Bogdan Gavrilut
9:04pm on 22 Feb 21 I fully support!
Anurag Vuppala
5:39pm on 22 Feb 21 I mailed my courseleader about this a while ago he said he forwarded my request to social team. But i have not got any reply about this
James Shipp
4:07pm on 22 Feb 21 I fully support all of this, all of the experience of uni and life and general in the pandemic have been difficult and there must be something done to recognise and take action on this by the university as set out in these requests
Maniksha Kumar
3:04pm on 22 Feb 21 I fully support this, lectures have been so hard for me especially someone who has part physical and part written. I’ve struggled so much this year and thinking of paying 9k for something I’m not happy with, its wrong!
Farhana Hasan
2:01pm on 22 Feb 21 It’s been such a difficult time for so many of us. Losing jobs, loved ones and struggling with grades and concentration. I’ve personally seen a big downfall in my percentages and agree with the above statement.
Samir Chaouki
1:29pm on 22 Feb 21 I support this
Gabrielle Sunil Mathews
11:53am on 22 Feb 21 I support this!
Gideon Agyemang
10:41am on 22 Feb 21 I agree
Isabella Dixon
9:35pm on 21 Feb 21 I fully support!
Fizza Ali
8:44pm on 21 Feb 21 I fully support!
Fizza Ali
8:44pm on 21 Feb 21 I fully support!
Fizza Ali
8:28pm on 21 Feb 21 I fully support!
Fizza Ali
8:28pm on 21 Feb 21 I fully support!
Fizza Ali
8:28pm on 21 Feb 21 I fully support!
Fizza Ali
8:28pm on 21 Feb 21 I fully support!
Fizza Ali
8:28pm on 21 Feb 21 I fully support!
Fizza Ali
8:28pm on 21 Feb 21 I fully support!
Fizza Ali
8:28pm on 21 Feb 21 I fully support!
Fizza Ali
8:27pm on 21 Feb 21 I fully support!
Shubby Adegbola
6:46pm on 21 Feb 21 I agree with this completely
Prarup Jain
3:55pm on 21 Feb 21 I totally support this !
Eloise Garrett
1:40pm on 21 Feb 21 I fully support this!
Ieva Jasinaviciute
1:30pm on 21 Feb 21 I absolutely support this. I am an international student and I came to the UK to study with high expectations. The 1st semester wasn't that bad since we only had 1 day of classes and it was in person, and one online. Since it was in person, I was able to actually learn. But semester two... oh boy. Everything is online, I can't focus, too many distractions, the lessons are so boring and not interactive with the students at all, I haven't learned ANYTHING since semester two started. The studies aren't worth 9k.
Demi Davis
12:51pm on 21 Feb 21 I support!
Bhuvaneshwari Survi
12:09pm on 21 Feb 21 I support this
Humaid Martin
11:47am on 21 Feb 21 We should definitely all get a partial refund on our tuition fees.
Surabhi Vinay Sagdeo
10:15am on 21 Feb 21 I support this!
Surabhi Vinay Sagdeo
10:14am on 21 Feb 21 I support this!
Una Louise Roberts-Whiskey
9:14am on 21 Feb 21 Despite efforts made, there is no value for money! As a mature student, I am thoroughly disappointed with the 'learning experience' and so-called engagement online. Wholly un-motivating experience.
Vivek Kumar Singh
6:03am on 21 Feb 21 I am supporting, As an international student, I have come all the way from my country to uk for my studies and I have paid more fees as an international student and also have rented accommodation and being living in Coventry for more than 3 months now and doing nothing and just attending online lectures and seminars, which is making my studies more difficult, confusing and boring which don't appear to be value for money.
Stanley Chibuzor Maduekeh
9:33pm on 20 Feb 21 I support this letter. Partial fee refunds and clear / straightforward no detriment across all courses.
Rafia Bashir
8:34pm on 20 Feb 21 Hi, I'm highly support this . Now a day's everyone suffering badly and they charged so much high or even they sent blackmailing email u have to pay your fee rite now otherwise we block your account . I'm from when I was take admission in this uni.it was for may.but due to covid 19.it was send me on sep. And in this 6 months during everyone suffering . My father was transporter . He have huge business but due to lock down he Is facing so much. University has understand to our situation
Justin Manjengwa
8:15pm on 20 Feb 21 I support this, more clarity is needed
Justin Manjengwa
8:14pm on 20 Feb 21 I support
Vasavi Ponakala
8:10pm on 20 Feb 21 I support this
Sarah Nnenna Aideyan
7:38pm on 20 Feb 21 I support the letter, as a PGR self sponsored student.
Divanshu Nanda
7:16pm on 20 Feb 21 I support this 100%.
Jawad Sajjad
6:11pm on 20 Feb 21 Supported.
Yuxuan Gao
5:35pm on 20 Feb 21 I agree with the suggestion, online course is difficult to understanding and we can't use many facilities of the university.
Nga Yin Chiu
4:35pm on 20 Feb 21 I support this 100%!!!
Thomas Howard
3:28pm on 20 Feb 21 I support this 100%
Fatima Bangs
3:05pm on 20 Feb 21 I supported this 100%
Fatima Bangs
3:05pm on 20 Feb 21 I supported this 100%
Fatima Bangs
3:04pm on 20 Feb 21 I supported this 100%
Fatima Bangs
3:04pm on 20 Feb 21 I supported this 100%
Fatima Bangs
3:03pm on 20 Feb 21 Am in my final year in public health and community studies Degree. I fully Supported this. Lack of communication and Online lectures are not effective. I emailed my lecturer to go through the assignment brief with me, the reply I received was to go to Aula as its already being explained there.
Wing Yan Wong
3pm on 20 Feb 21 Support.
Melanie Webb
2:08pm on 20 Feb 21 Supported
Edidiong Johnson Ekpo
1:15pm on 20 Feb 21 i support
Alexandra Malapetsa
12:59pm on 20 Feb 21 Supported!
Harmanpreet Kaur
12:48pm on 20 Feb 21 I completely support you.
Justyna Marianna Gralikowska
12:14pm on 20 Feb 21 I fully support this.
Mahmoud Mohamed Niazy Ragheb Khairy
11:53am on 20 Feb 21 I totally agree and support this
Gurdarshan Singh
11:34am on 20 Feb 21 I support fully.
Alisha Mahajan
10:45am on 20 Feb 21 I support and completely agree with this
Adyashree Pattanaik
10:33am on 20 Feb 21 I support this.
Sunprasitthi North Bunyaratavej
10:10am on 20 Feb 21 I supported
Muhammad Yasir
10:09am on 20 Feb 21 Hi, This is Muhammad Yasir here. i am fully supporting. As an international student we paid more than local students however we still get the same status of just online lessons and exams without using university's facilities. Furthermore, it is difficult for us to attend online saminars. Being international student I’m here to learn more updated knowledge and practical sessions.
Jasin Joseph
5:45am on 20 Feb 21 I support this!
Mustafa Chowdhary
3:39am on 20 Feb 21 Supported!
Jeena Chacko
3:01am on 20 Feb 21 Supported!
Simran Akhtar
2am on 20 Feb 21 I support
Virginia Yin Yie Yap
11:09pm on 19 Feb 21 Fully support! And I second what have been said on the previous comments. International students pay so much more for the tuition fees, and all we get is to study remotely :( I know there is nothing we could do due to the pandemic as safety is more important, but if the university could at least reduce the tuition fees that would be helpful. Also, I find remote study is less engaging :( In addition, I hope the university could extend the 20% alumni discount to September 2021.
Comfort Ehuike
10:39pm on 19 Feb 21 I support
Comfort Ehuike
10:39pm on 19 Feb 21 I support
Comfort Ehuike
10:39pm on 19 Feb 21 I support
Comfort Ehuike
10:38pm on 19 Feb 21 I support
Olukemi Ayorinde
10:25pm on 19 Feb 21 I support!
Noble Tomy
10:14pm on 19 Feb 21 I support
Vamshi Krishna Bodu
9:45pm on 19 Feb 21 I fully support this
Ahmed Abdelsalam
9:01pm on 19 Feb 21 agree
Leah Moh
8:47pm on 19 Feb 21 I support this!
Daniel Bak
7:54pm on 19 Feb 21 I support the motion
Salman Khan
7:10pm on 19 Feb 21 I fully supported,as an international student we paid more than local students however we still get the same status of just online lessons and exams without using university's facilities. Furthermore, it is difficult for us to attend online lectures. Being international student I’m here to learn more updated knowledge and practical sessions.
Abigail Lauren Burgess
7:07pm on 19 Feb 21 Agree
Iman Abdulrahim Ibrahim
6:38pm on 19 Feb 21 I support this 100% I think late submissions should not be penalised due to the time zone difference for international students.
Tariq Ashraf
6:31pm on 19 Feb 21 100% agreed and fully supported
Goncalo Maria Magalhaes Crespo Paes Parente
6:03pm on 19 Feb 21 Supported !!
Shanshan Liu
6pm on 19 Feb 21 Support this
Noel Francky Tambe
5:55pm on 19 Feb 21 I fully agree and support this
Ramisha Kiran
5:53pm on 19 Feb 21 I support
Ramisha Kiran
5:53pm on 19 Feb 21 I support
Ramisha Kiran
5:53pm on 19 Feb 21 I support
Ramisha Kiran
5:53pm on 19 Feb 21 I support
Ramisha Kiran
5:52pm on 19 Feb 21 I agree with this view because I am not comfortable with virtual classes
Erum Amjad
5:35pm on 19 Feb 21 I support
Erum Amjad
5:35pm on 19 Feb 21 I support
Erum Amjad
5:35pm on 19 Feb 21 I support
Jishnu Rajeev Kumar Valavil
5:16pm on 19 Feb 21 I Support this! Because lectures are been taken online, the university should not charge students full fees as they cannot take advantage of the facilities and infrastructure. A partial refund is necessary.
Jaison John
5:15pm on 19 Feb 21 Supported
Jaison John
5:15pm on 19 Feb 21 Supported
Jaison John
5:14pm on 19 Feb 21 Supported ??
Sophie Clark
4:21pm on 19 Feb 21 I support this! Tuition fees went up this year and I don’t know why. So understanding the break down of where our money goes and a partial refund is something I 100% back!
Sophie Clark
4:19pm on 19 Feb 21 I support this! Tuition fees went up this year and I do not understand why. So understanding where the money goes and asking for a partial refund is something I 100% back!
Rita Luisa Gentilcore
4:05pm on 19 Feb 21 Refund for fees supported 100%
Amber Rampling
3:56pm on 19 Feb 21 I support!!
Sidrah Kamal Shujaddin Khalid
3:55pm on 19 Feb 21 I support
Rajan Dixit
3:54pm on 19 Feb 21 I support this..!!!
Sidrah Kamal Shujaddin Khalid
3:54pm on 19 Feb 21 I support this open letter. Please co.operate with us we are in fluctuated situation.
Glenn Gormally
3:51pm on 19 Feb 21 Tutors at Coventry are fantastic and have done the best with what they have. However, 9 thousand pounds a year for a Microsoft Teams license, with many of our courses requiring equipment and real world interaction, is a bit of a stretch. Students supported Universities with record number of applications in 2020; when there was financial fear for many universities. https://www.theguardian.com/education/2020/jul/09/uk-universities-record-number-applications-lockdown ...Now it is time to return the favour and offer students partial refunds.
Zareen Fatima
3:49pm on 19 Feb 21 I support this
Florencia Irena Soegianto Florencia Irena Soegianto
3:42pm on 19 Feb 21 Totally agree with the statements
Florencia Irena Soegianto Florencia Irena Soegianto
3:42pm on 19 Feb 21 Totally agree with the statements
Abbas Khan
3:40pm on 19 Feb 21 I support the letter above. Despite the effort of the lecturers, it is hard to fully commit, understand and engage with online learning. And hopefully, if there is a refund, is equally refunded by international students.
Boluwatife Jeremiah Adeyemi
3:39pm on 19 Feb 21 Yes I support!
Muskaan Rukshar
3:38pm on 19 Feb 21 I agree!
Lily Hamer
3:37pm on 19 Feb 21 I am in full support of this!
Divya Sree Gopireddy
3:36pm on 19 Feb 21 I support this because it’s typical to understand the online classes but they are charging high rate of fee
Danial Sarwar
3:33pm on 19 Feb 21 I totally support this letter. As an international self-funded PGR I have suffered alot regarding my studies due to this pandemic. As my research mostly based on experimentation, and I constantly in need of the LAB. The lab was closed for a long time last year and my research has suffered alot. Although I have paid my full tuition fee but did not much progressed because of lockdown.
Divya Sree Gopireddy
3:33pm on 19 Feb 21 I support this because it’s typical to understand the online classes but they are charging high rate of fee
Divya Sree Gopireddy
3:33pm on 19 Feb 21 I support this because it’s typical to understand the online classes but they r charging high rate of fee
Ruxandra Maria Pertache
3:33pm on 19 Feb 21 Supported!
Xinzhuo Duan
3:33pm on 19 Feb 21 I support!
Xinzhuo Duan
3:33pm on 19 Feb 21 I support!
Adam Williams-Baffoe
3:32pm on 19 Feb 21 Supported!!
Divya Sree Gopireddy
3:32pm on 19 Feb 21 I support this because it’s typical to understand the online classes but they are charging high rate of fee
Divya Sree Gopireddy
3:31pm on 19 Feb 21 I support this because it’s typical to understand the online classes but they are charging high rate of fee
Divya Sree Gopireddy
3:30pm on 19 Feb 21 I support this because it’s typical to understand the online classes but they r charging high rate of fee
Divya Sree Gopireddy
3:29pm on 19 Feb 21 I support this. Because it’s typical to understand the online classes,but they are charging too much fee this is not fair
Jingwei Li
3:28pm on 19 Feb 21 supported !!
James Murphy
3:28pm on 19 Feb 21 As a current MA student who was given, along with the rest of my cohort, very little support during lockdown in April / May 2020 in my final year as an UG student...I expect very little once again this time round from the university. I hope they can prove me wrong.
Victoria Allen
3:26pm on 19 Feb 21 I absolutely support this. I also feel that the university has neglected to offer inclusive solutions for concerns raised. Speaking as a mature autistic parent learner, I can say without doubt that none of the spheres of my needs or support requirements have been listened to, let alone taken into account. I too have personally queried the no detriment policy and I'm waiting a response. I thank you for writing this on behalf of the students.
Ben Robertson
3:18pm on 19 Feb 21 I support this
Gohan Rahaman
3:17pm on 19 Feb 21 i support this
Chibuzor Ogbonnaya
3:10pm on 19 Feb 21 Supported
Suman Sundar Babu Meera
3:07pm on 19 Feb 21 I support this. I myself am not getting proper response from Admissions Team regarding my queries. I am confused whether to defer or to continue at this juncture. Even if I want to defer, I am not sure about this lockdown how long it will go on and not only that I have paid for this intake and I cannot wait that long not knowing what would happen next, as I have to apply for a visa as well.
Panashe Manatsa
3:06pm on 19 Feb 21 I support
Nikola Skirmante
3:05pm on 19 Feb 21 I fully support this, because this year we had much less communication with the tutors, no opportunity to express ourselves and Erasmus was taken away from many.
Austine Ehibhatiomhan
3pm on 19 Feb 21 I support this
Sophie Jane Pemberton
2:58pm on 19 Feb 21 I fully support this!
Harshdeep Singh
2:56pm on 19 Feb 21 I Support the motion
Sophie Rose Anderton
2:54pm on 19 Feb 21 I support this!
Nozomi Kikuchi
2:52pm on 19 Feb 21 I support this!
Ella Harris
2:50pm on 19 Feb 21 I support this
Ayesha Judge
2:41pm on 19 Feb 21 I support this.
Tia Grace
2:41pm on 19 Feb 21 I support this
Carly Natasha Scott
2:40pm on 19 Feb 21 I support this
Andre de Castro Teixeira Norim
2:40pm on 19 Feb 21 I support this letter
Jay Harris
2:38pm on 19 Feb 21 I concur with this letter
Richard Ifeanyi Eleanya
2:37pm on 19 Feb 21 I support this letter in all totality.
Ching Yee Ho
2:36pm on 19 Feb 21 fully supported,as an international student we paid more than local students however we still get the same status of just online lessons and exams without using university's facilities. Furthermore, it is difficult for us to attend online lesson as we have different time zones in different countries, we might need to stay up till 2am for a lecture.
Rhea Kaur Jandu
2:35pm on 19 Feb 21 I support this!!!
Brooke Brett-Holt
2:34pm on 19 Feb 21 I support this
Jessica Mellor
2:32pm on 19 Feb 21 Supported :)
Alfin Kunjumon Joseph
2:31pm on 19 Feb 21 I support this.
Claudia Czarnocki
2:22pm on 19 Feb 21 I support this !
Jaman Denwarren
2:22pm on 19 Feb 21 Supported!!
Amtur Rahim Amtur Rahim
2:21pm on 19 Feb 21 I fully support this.
Tahir Ilyas
2:19pm on 19 Feb 21 Supported!
Nicole Hinds
2:17pm on 19 Feb 21 I support this!
Sasank Pemmasani
2:13pm on 19 Feb 21 Fully support this
Nithin Ellandula
2:13pm on 19 Feb 21 I support!!
Harley Bootman
2:10pm on 19 Feb 21 Supported.
Rishabh Dhiman
2:10pm on 19 Feb 21 I support this.
Lisa Janssen
2:09pm on 19 Feb 21 Supported
Pranali Deshmukh
2:08pm on 19 Feb 21 I support
Kamila Mohammadi
2:08pm on 19 Feb 21 I fully support this
Ramsha Aijaz Ahmed
2:08pm on 19 Feb 21 Fully support this!!!!
Tsz Ching So
2:07pm on 19 Feb 21 I support!
Karine-Jazmin Munoz
1:59pm on 19 Feb 21 I support!
Saravanan Maheswaran
1:53pm on 19 Feb 21 Yes, I support this.
Veronika Solarova
12:48pm on 19 Feb 21 I support
Salini Kanhangattil
12:44pm on 19 Feb 21 I support this
Sanad Mohammed Hussam Atari
12:21pm on 19 Feb 21 I support
Akhil Manimala Manuel Kutty
12:13pm on 19 Feb 21 As an international student, I've expected more than some online lectures and seminars, which I found difficult to cope with. Started my studies from January 2020, then came the unprecedented pandemic and lockdown was initiated. I've lost touch with the University and the face to face real time exposure, lost my part-time job....it was all of a shock. To be honest the University was not that into students to make them feel they are noticed in the last year. So I support this letter.
Osinachi Catherine Chilaka
11:37am on 19 Feb 21 I am totally in support of this , because online lectures are very difficult to understand, am still in my home country because my Cas came out late, the amount of data I buy to enable to me stay online for the lecture is very expensive , I don't have access to to library except for the school library which am still battling to understand how to use it, I buy fuel everyday just to be able to charge my computer and phone
Jalma Janine Melo Teixeira
11:32am on 19 Feb 21 I fully support the letter above. Despite the effort of the lecturers, it is hard to fully commit, understand and engage with online learning. And hopefully, if there is a refund, is equally refunded by international students.
Aysha Battiwala
11:30am on 19 Feb 21 I support
Richa Moradiya
11:17am on 19 Feb 21 As an international student i had expected to gain the university student life experience. online lectures are not as frequent as they should be and we dont have enough support to reach the faculty for our assignments or for any doubts that we have.
Kriti Dilip Motiyani
11:10am on 19 Feb 21 I support and agree! It is extremely difficult to concentrate on online classes and lectures!
Yasser Aman
11:03am on 19 Feb 21 I support
Kelly Ann Gray
10:54am on 19 Feb 21 Supported!
Angel Rowlson-Fudge
10:54am on 19 Feb 21 I fully support this
Bethanie Daly
10:51am on 19 Feb 21 I support
Abiodun Sekinat Adedamola Odefunsho
10:49am on 19 Feb 21 I am in support 1000% My learning expectations are not being met especially considering the fact I am off campus. As an internal student they is a lot of catching up to do learning about the uk educational system(and the system doesn't fully reflect to have taken this crucial factor into consideration in our learning we experiences. Students are struggling and can't benefit from communal learning worse is we even miss out on networking opportunities with our course mates; talk less people from other departments. People who need help with their school work are not personally attended to, no one cares if you have resits to do and why you did not so well in the first place. The only time anyone cares is when your tuition is not fully paid and after that is sorted it is finish. This isn't what I envisioned when I choose to be here. Student experience grades zero.
Lara Mepham
10:49am on 19 Feb 21 I support!
Queen Ogedegbe
10:44am on 19 Feb 21 I support the motion
Firishta Sharifi
10:43am on 19 Feb 21 Supported!!
Kavisha Aurora Panditha
10:34am on 19 Feb 21 I support this fully, the quality of lectures and seminars are not rigorous enough and the lack of communications between students and the uni is horrifying I do understand these are challenging times but unis should consider the wellbeing and the education of its students that is promised.
Nkemdilim Odogwu
10:23am on 19 Feb 21 I support the motion
Nkemdilim Odogwu
10:23am on 19 Feb 21 I support the motion
Nkemdilim Odogwu
10:23am on 19 Feb 21 I support
Nkemdilim Odogwu
10:23am on 19 Feb 21 I support
Nkemdilim Odogwu
10:23am on 19 Feb 21 I support
Nkemdilim Odogwu
10:23am on 19 Feb 21 I support
Sadiya Khan
10:13am on 19 Feb 21 I concord with the statement.
Alejandro Garzon
9:59am on 19 Feb 21 Supported!
Keira O'Neill - De Smet
9:57am on 19 Feb 21 I support! There is a major lack of communication between the uni and students. As well as a lack of support, I understand that we are all struggling in the current circumstances, but this still isn’t acceptable, considering this is our education and we are paying for it. The online lectures are literally just the lecturer reading from the slides, and I understands that’s it’s as difficult for them as it is for us, but like I said this isn’t enough.
Monique Christian
9:42am on 19 Feb 21 Supported! not enough information has been provided on how it benefits students and what it is
Tracy Ibironke Jamgbadi
8:25am on 19 Feb 21 Supported. And this means equally for international students as well
Alivelu Manga Yasaswini Maturi
7:45am on 19 Feb 21 Supported !
Joy Mafo Abafi
5:13pm on 18 Feb 21 Supported!
Nisha Mawar
2:48pm on 18 Feb 21 I am studying msc in psychology and its really hard to understand the subjects as bo exposure and due to online lectures most of the things are just a big question mark,i don’t know how we will be able to do our proffessional work as everything is virtual, no activities,no meetings,no quality.kindly act for all students that either they will get fee reduction or a successful degree without harsh markings.
Helida Fatawu
2:26pm on 18 Feb 21 I concord with the statement. Because lectures and seminars online papers difficult to concentrate. And lack of understanding.
Please log in to comment.

Latest Reps & Student Voice News

5 Myths About Being A Rep

We debunk some of the myths surrounding being a Rep

Mon 15 Mar 2021

No Detriment & Fee Refund Letter Update

Over 5,000 students have now signed CUSU's open letter. Find out our next steps to take the letter forward.

Tue 02 Mar 2021

No Detriment & Fee Refund Letter Circulated For Students To Sign

Students can sign the letter should they wish to support it

Thu 18 Feb 2021

CUSU's Latest Wins For Students

Find out what your Officers and Academic Course Reps have been doing to resolve your feedback and improve your student experience.

Thu 18 Feb 2021

Prayer Spaces Added To Campus Online Booking System

Book your space on campus now!

Thu 18 Feb 2021